Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Opened an airway to the air intake on my Sky  (Read 3515 times)

Offline BSRL

• Founding Member
  • Tech
Opened an airway to the air intake on my Sky
« on: July 01, 2011, 11:55:34 PM »
I changed my front grill to get rid of the Saturn emblem and open an airway to the air intake.  The car is garage kept and I don't drive it in the rain so I'm not worried about water issues however if I ever have to drive in the rain I'm going to fabricate something to cover the area for temporary use.

I started by removing all the stock grill pieces and cut the bumper piece.  I then cut a small portion of a bumper frame extension.  Finally I re-used a piece from the t-rex grill and put some mesh over it and what you see is what you get. 

I started out wanting something more like what Kelu did with his grill and wound up with this.  It may be temporary or I may keep it.  I'll have to see if it grows on me.

Offline J_Bond

• Master Tech
Opened an airway to the air intake on my Sky
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 02:58:30 AM »
Looks cool! very aggressive!  Don't worry about water, it will evaporate from the heat before ever hitting the motor.  I ran a twin intake with both breathers literally PRESSED against the front mesh grill on my SRT6 for 2 years and tons of torrential rainstorms with ZERO issues.  you'd have to literally submerge your intake in a pool of water.  
Also, you can simply put a K&N dust cover over the filter if you're still nervous about it....
2008 2.4L N/A  '14.748' Quarter-mile record holder'
WERKS lightweight battery
Dyno-tuned ECM by HP-Tuners
SOLO Single Catback exhaust
SOLO header
SOLO High Flow Cat
Energy suspension bushings
Koni shocks
Pro-Kit springs
EBC slotted dimpled rotors
Hawk Ceramic pads
K&N Cold air intake with heatshield & DEI thermal-wrapped
BLACKED-out everything...
Redline headlights
Black 18" Sacchi wheels on lightweight Continental DWS tires
Mishimoto transmission-cooler with Royal purple synthetic fluid
Gutted trunk

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
Re: Opened an airway to the air intake on my Sky
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 08:45:54 AM »
I have a much more free flowing grille, only a double mesh for more than a year and no issues with water from intake.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 09:11:16 AM by Kelu »
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!