Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport reveiw  (Read 4790 times)

Offline 2.0 tspeed

• Master Tech
Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport reveiw
« on: August 14, 2011, 07:24:14 PM »
well my bfgoodrich kdw's developed a nice little bump in them and today went flat :-/
so i bought these Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport
all i can say in my review is, I can finally dig the car and have use of first gear. they grip with 400wtq very well, my bfg's could not hold the tq and would let loose all the time

http://www.bridgestonetire.com/productdetails/TireSubBrand/Potenza_RE760_Sport

Formally Slowsol with a 07 solstice gxp e85 331whp 400wtq trifecta tune
2013 verano turbo

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport reveiw
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 07:26:10 PM »
From the picture you do not seem to be using the entire contact patch.
Are you over inflating the tire.?
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline 2.0 tspeed

• Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 07:29:07 PM »
i think its the picture i went out and it looks all on the ground, i will lower the pressure anyways when i hit the strip

Formally Slowsol with a 07 solstice gxp e85 331whp 400wtq trifecta tune
2013 verano turbo

Offline 1KULSOL

• Founding Member
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 09:31:20 PM »
I have these exact same tires ... 255/45/18 ... very satisfied with them ... they grip well in the twisties as well as in the rain.

Offline Carbon Sky

• Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 12:56:51 AM »
I ran these on a previous car, and I compared them to a Toyo T1-R, head to head on the same car, and liked them more than the Toyos.  The best part is, they were way cheaper than the Toyos.  However, I didn't keep the car that long afterwards, so I can't compare as to whether they would have stayed quiet (performance tires tend to get more noisy when they wear), nor how long they would have lasted compared to the Toyos.

1KULSOL, why 255/45/18?  Odds are at that extra width, a 45 profile, and an 8" rim, you're probably getting less contact path due to the bowing of the contact patch of a 255 on an 8" rim.  I'm assuming you're on stock wheels that is.

Offline 1KULSOL

• Founding Member
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 09:24:29 AM »
I ran these on a previous car, and I compared them to a Toyo T1-R, head to head on the same car, and liked them more than the Toyos.  The best part is, they were way cheaper than the Toyos.  However, I didn't keep the car that long afterwards, so I can't compare as to whether they would have stayed quiet (performance tires tend to get more noisy when they wear), nor how long they would have lasted compared to the Toyos.

1KULSOL, why 255/45/18?  Odds are at that extra width, a 45 profile, and an 8" rim, you're probably getting less contact path due to the bowing of the contact patch of a 255 on an 8" rim.  I'm assuming you're on stock wheels that is.
I have the Kazera KZ-L wheels .... bought the wheels and tires at the same time Nov 2008 from Tire Rack ... went with the 255's after recommendations from numerous friends and have had no problems.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 09:32:09 AM »
Kazera wheel is 8.5, I am running the same size on mine.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline NormSky

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 03:14:11 PM »

I used these on my CTS-V(2005) and they worked great on the street or the track. I used the same size 255/45 on both CTS-V and Corvette C5 at Mid-Ohio and ran a 1:49 vs 1:47. Granted the same size tires were not ideal for the C5 but the tire did well. Good price but that size is very heavy in weight.
07 Sky Hahn Boosted - 44 MPG  40 mpg with air conditioning on.

Offline 1KULSOL

• Founding Member
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 06:22:42 PM »
I used these on my CTS-V(2005) and they worked great on the street or the track. I used the same size 255/45 on both CTS-V and Corvette C5 at Mid-Ohio and ran a 1:49 vs 1:47. Granted the same size tires were not ideal for the C5 but the tire did well. Good price but that size is very heavy in weight.

the 255's are only 1# heavier per tire than the stock 245's

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 07:49:57 PM »
my sumitomos are actually lighter
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia