Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: A bit weird and a bit flattering too.....  (Read 2799 times)

Offline sunnygator

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
A bit weird and a bit flattering too.....
« on: August 27, 2011, 05:21:18 PM »
Was staying at a hotel just north of DC.  Came back from dinner (another co-worker drove) and looked over to check my Sol in the lot.  A couple was standing next to it, a little close if you know what I mean.  I watched them for a minute.  The guy had a smartphone.  I thought for  minute he was trying to goggle map something, and then, the girl sorta sprawled a bit on the hood of the Sol, and the guy took a quick photo.  I was pretty far away, and they took off right away.  No scratches, so no harm I guess.  Again, and left me a little bit startled, a little mad, and a little flattered too......

sunnygator
Cool Solstice with GMPP Kit, Heated Seats, Painted Calipers, K&N Filter, T-bolts & new Throttle Body Pipe

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
Re: A bit weird and a bit flattering too.....
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 05:23:49 PM »
I would be flattered as well, but nobody should be touching a car that isn't theirs.  It's common courtesy, but people who don't care about their own car usually don't care about anyone elses....sadly.
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 05:25:12 PM »
Yeah, that's kinda weird.  And I also don't like people touching my car.  It's not right.

Offline Helios

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Play Hard; Drive Harder!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 05:31:06 PM »
Was staying at a hotel just north of DC.  Came back from dinner (another co-worker drove) and looked over to check my Sol in the lot.  A couple was standing next to it, a little close if you know what I mean.  I watched them for a minute.  The guy had a smartphone.  I thought for  minute he was trying to goggle map something, and then, the girl sorta sprawled a bit on the hood of the Sol, and the guy took a quick photo.  I was pretty far away, and they took off right away.  No scratches, so no harm I guess.  Again, and left me a little bit startled, a little mad, and a little flattered too......

sunnygator

I had a college girl do that in downtown Charleston. I was going back to my car after leaving the restaurant and I see her and some of her friends approach my car. She says, "This is the car I want," as she sprawls on the hood and her girlfriend snaps a pic. I'm up to them at this point and ask, "Sure. You want a ride?" They all giggle and walk off. The least you can do is oblige someone who's car you just dirtied with a number. Sheesh!
"Gwyneth"
V8 swap in progress
RPi GT/ SOLO Exhaust

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 07:31:50 PM »
Yeah, that's kinda weird.  And I also don't like people touching my car.  It's not right.
I got to touch her car, even got to put my hands on her rear end :devil:

You know that just sounds dirty but really it wasn't, well I guess I did have to wash my hands afterward.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 07:33:25 PM »
I got to touch her car, even got to put my hands on her rear end :devil:

You know that just sounds dirty but really it wasn't, well I guess I did have to wash my hands afterward.

You lucky bastard!!! :)

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 07:34:29 PM »
I had a college girl do that in downtown Charleston. I was going back to my car after leaving the restaurant and I see her and some of her friends approach my car. She says, "This is the car I want," as she sprawls on the hood and her girlfriend snaps a pic. I'm up to them at this point and ask, "Sure. You want a ride?" They all giggle and walk off. The least you can do is oblige someone who's car you just dirtied with a number. Sheesh!

Youngsters these days!  That's not right!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 07:40:40 PM »
You lucky bastard!!! :)
You know what they say, better to be lucky then good, I just happen to be both.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Go-N Def

• Master Detailer
  • Gearhead
  • Morally Flexible
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 09:39:31 PM »
At least they were doing something "productive" when they touched your car, i.e. a glamour shot.  Over here, there is no concept of personal space or personal property.  If I park the car with the top up, no one touches it.  Top down, windows up and I get a few hand prints on the rear deck lid.  Top down, windows down and its like an open invitation to rub your belt buckle all over the door as you lean inside to touch everything.

The only good thing is that no one does anything maliciously.  I could leave my wallet and Ipod n the front seat with the top down, come back 3 days later and it would still be there....

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 03:46:34 PM »
I would flip the hell out on someone that did that to my car.

I wasnt very enthusiastic about letting the ram's cheerleader on the deck lid. The hood is out of the question.
Check out Miller's Youtube Channel HERE

Offline Seldom Home

• Tech
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 02:59:46 AM »
It's times like that when the red "panic" button on your key fob is very useful. Press it and watch the reaction!
 :lol:

Offline Brad Kenny

• Gearhead
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 09:13:32 AM »
It's times like that when the red "panic" button on your key fob is very useful. Press it and watch the reaction!
AGREED!!! Works for little kids too!
Continental Tires
DDM Works
StunnerLights.com
ASAP Graphics
King Penn
V-LEDs
Superbright LEDs

Offline Brazen17

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 09:20:34 AM »
At least they were doing something "productive" when they touched your car, i.e. a glamour shot.  Over here, there is no concept of personal space or personal property.  If I park the car with the top up, no one touches it.  Top down, windows up and I get a few hand prints on the rear deck lid.  Top down, windows down and its like an open invitation to rub your belt buckle all over the door as you lean inside to touch everything.

The only good thing is that no one does anything maliciously.  I could leave my wallet and Ipod n the front seat with the top down, come back 3 days later and it would still be there....

Reminds me of Japan. Never had anything stolen when off base but on base...damn dependents!
08 Brazen GXP.  GMPP tune + new IC!, Magnaflow exhaust, DDM backbone and brace, rear Z0K sway bar, Eiback springs, debadged (mostly) and dechromed(mostly), black door handles, Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 on 19" MODA1 wheels, color matching boomerang.

Offline Go-N Def

• Master Detailer
  • Gearhead
  • Morally Flexible
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 10:22:27 AM »
Reminds me of Japan. Never had anything stolen when off base but on base...damn dependents!
Fortunately, no dependents here at my base.  I'm in pretty good with my Permenant Party Marines, but we get up to 1000 training Marines in and out of the base.  I keep it locked up and parked in an inconspicuous area when they're here...

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 10:30:57 AM »
the girl sorta sprawled a bit on the hood of the Sol, and the guy took a quick photo.  I was pretty far away, and they took off right away.  No scratches, so no harm I guess. sunnygator

Talk about wham bam thank you Mame!  And didn't even have the courtesy of sending you the pic so we could review it... :lol:

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 11:25:38 AM »

I've done that before!  Good stuff!!!  :lol:

Offline sunnygator

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 10:31:21 PM »
Yea, wish I'd grabbed the key fob quicker........!
Cool Solstice with GMPP Kit, Heated Seats, Painted Calipers, K&N Filter, T-bolts & new Throttle Body Pipe