Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Upgrading the suspension on my GXP  (Read 3640 times)

Offline fiziksgxp

• Tech
Upgrading the suspension on my GXP
« on: September 08, 2011, 06:05:33 PM »
Today I finished the installation of my LV Front Frame Brace, DDM Backbone and Kappasphere ReBar. The LV Brace took about 15-20 minutes to install, the DDM Backbone took about 25-30 minutes to install (I used silicone spray and my Stanley Wonder Bar pry bar to drop the exhaust), and the ReBar took 10-15 minutes to install. Now that all three are installed, the effect on my GXP is remarkable. The front suspension is much more solid, especially on road irregularities. The rear suspension is also much more solid ... now neither the front nor the rear suspensions transmit forces nor torques to the suspension/body ... the suspension works smoothly in each corner. The Backbone raised the structural stiffness of my GXP to the point of feeling now like a coupe or sedan, not a convertible. To anyone considering one, two or all three of these additions, I would strongly recommend them.

I took some pictures of the installation of the Kappasphere ReBar; see the Gallery at this link http://gallery.me.com/tonym1#100073

Offline Brad Kenny

• Gearhead
Re: Upgrading the suspension on my GXP
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 09:08:29 AM »
Congratulations on the installations and Happy Motoring!!!
Continental Tires
DDM Works
StunnerLights.com
ASAP Graphics
King Penn
V-LEDs
Superbright LEDs

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 09:31:29 AM »
Good job Tony, now is time for an adjustable coilovers set and Z0K bars ;)
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 12:05:43 PM »
True to that Kelu.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline ophidia31

• Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 10:57:59 PM »
Anyone just buying a kappa, or even those that have one, should automatically add the money into the fund to do these three mods right off the bat. Even if they dont plan on doing anything else to the car, the increased drivability just makes driving it that much more enjoyable.

Took me less than a month after getting my car to do the probeam and backbone. And less than a month after that, the lv front brace. I really didnt want to put them onto the credit card, but just constantly thinking about them, how the car would drive from other people talking about them, I was starting to become itchy and anxious and they grew slowly into a need instead of a want because I wouldnt be happy or be right without them.  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 11:02:35 PM by ophidia31 »
2013 Grigio Abarth 500

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 08:00:28 AM »
Today I finished the installation of my LV Front Frame Brace, DDM Backbone and Kappasphere ReBar. The LV Brace took about 15-20 minutes to install, the DDM Backbone took about 25-30 minutes to install (I used silicone spray and my Stanley Wonder Bar pry bar to drop the exhaust), and the ReBar took 10-15 minutes to install. Now that all three are installed, the effect on my GXP is remarkable. The front suspension is much more solid, especially on road irregularities. The rear suspension is also much more solid ... now neither the front nor the rear suspensions transmit forces nor torques to the suspension/body ... the suspension works smoothly in each corner. The Backbone raised the structural stiffness of my GXP to the point of feeling now like a coupe or sedan, not a convertible. To anyone considering one, two or all three of these additions, I would strongly recommend them.

I took some pictures of the installation of the Kappasphere ReBar; see the Gallery at this link http://gallery.me.com/tonym1#100073

Awesome thread and post indeed, fiziksgxp!!!  Thanks for the great documentation and pictures...sweet indeed!!!

Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 09:48:54 AM »
I got to really thrash my SKy on some winding backroads yesterday.
I am really blown away with how level the front stays now with the LVCB.

It's like I added a thicker front sway bar, only better and with no tendency to push. 
My wife even noticed the difference as a passenger

Offline crappa

• Tech
  • What Do I Want To Be When I Grow Up? In Denial
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 11:26:55 PM »
I am waiting for my front brace from LV, looks like I will be getting it before I park the car for winter. I am looking forward to an AB test without a winter season between rides. Thanks Tony for showing me the installed brace. Looking forward to instalation day.
Paul

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 11:45:24 AM »
Sorry if this should be in another thread, but wondering since I already have BC coilovers installed on both our 09 GXP coupe and base NA 06 vert....is the LV Front brace, DDM Backbone, and Kappasphere ReBar still recommended for NA 06?  Note, I'm a cruiser (means neither vehicle pushed to their limits).

Offline ophidia31

• Master Tech
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 12:29:23 PM »
Sorry if this should be in another thread, but wondering since I already have BC coilovers installed on both our 09 GXP coupe and base NA 06 vert....is the LV Front brace, DDM Backbone, and Kappasphere ReBar still recommended for NA 06?  Note, I'm a cruiser (means neither vehicle pushed to their limits).

I would say yes. Before and after with all three braces (ddm probeam not rebar) was night and day for me. It ended up being a much more solid vehicle. I was looking in the performance categroy for them, so the increase in drivability was a plus for me. Id see it as the other way for you. Increase in drivability and added performance thrown in when you do toss it around. Youd be the first Ive seen who doesnt take their car out once in a while for a good romping.
2013 Grigio Abarth 500

Offline kennysabarese

• "The Professor"
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Make or take?
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 10:14:23 AM »

Street backbone makes everything better. I wouldn't bother with the others.
2007 Sky Redline - Wester's Tuned - GMPP sensors - RMR Roll Bar - Kirkey Seats
Schroth Harnesses - SSR Wheels - Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs - Complete Mod List
kennysabarese.com - Photos - Facebook - Twitter - RSS