Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: What Radio/Nav should I buy  (Read 2029 times)

Offline IBDRINKEN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Donkey Master
What Radio/Nav should I buy
« on: March 20, 2012, 08:10:36 PM »
This goes out to all of the audiophiles. I'm in the market for a nav unit for my Nissan that has all the bells and whistles well atleast most of them lol. I'm looking for suggestions as I have never been in the market or bought one before. Any help is appreciated. Im looking to spend about a grand. I will prob be buying it off of crutchfield but will take other suggestions.
13.5@101.90
320HP 358 Torque
Solo Hi Flow Cat/ 3in dual exhaust
Kappa Intake
Dakota Digital EG, Boost Gauage, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure
DDM Probeam, Backbone, IC Pipes, Coilcover Cross Brace
JPM Shifter, Center Console
DDM Intercooler
AEM Water/Meth Injection

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
What Radio/Nav should I buy
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 09:32:05 PM »
A grand for just the head unit, or for the whole system?  Might want to look for a gently used head unit?  More options, less cash
Make the right choices now

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
Re: What Radio/Nav should I buy
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 10:46:35 PM »
Pioneer , JVC  Makes  a couple with all the B&W you could want  .just go to a known Stereo Shop they will set you up w/speakers , Amp what ever you want . You tell them what size space you have .
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline IBDRINKEN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Donkey Master
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 11:29:49 PM »
Just for the head unit. Down here in Jax all the audio shops sux and they are a huge rip off so I will be buying offline.
13.5@101.90
320HP 358 Torque
Solo Hi Flow Cat/ 3in dual exhaust
Kappa Intake
Dakota Digital EG, Boost Gauage, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure
DDM Probeam, Backbone, IC Pipes, Coilcover Cross Brace
JPM Shifter, Center Console
DDM Intercooler
AEM Water/Meth Injection

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 06:52:53 AM »
Been extremely happy with the Kenwood that I put in the Solstice a while ago. I'd do it again.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!