Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Race wheels.... what color? (please post opinions)  (Read 47853 times)

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Race wheels.... what color? (please post opinions)
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2012, 01:28:13 PM »
Sure thing...i'll just paint them and run out in the driveway and throw them on my sky........ wait a second.........

Oops, should have read the whole post where you said that the car was so far away. Never mind then...      :D

I have to take my own advice though 'cause I powder coated my rims last year and don't like the color. It's gonna be pricey to change the color this year. Have to spray them first.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 01:31:16 PM by Sly Bob »
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2012, 01:28:32 PM »
Yeah Miller's car happens to be a little bit of a walk away from where he lives at the moment.

Miller what you do is paint them and then send them to Kelu because a GT and a Sky are pretty close (even if his car is black).  Kelu will probably also need some slicks or drag radials so that the wheels will be at the proper height.  Kelu will then "set" them next to his car and tell you what they look like.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2012, 01:33:43 PM »
Miller,

Your issues with the time table seem legit, but you seemed confused as far as what you want your fun car to be.  I've driven both evos and sol/sky set ups of many different power ranges and they are completely different cars.  What are you looking for from your car?  The sky will never be an Evo, conversely, the evo will never be a sky.  It seems you are trying to keep up with the evo crowd in a sky, which just isn't realistic, for many reasons, support being one.  Impatience it natural, but to me,it seems like you need to figure out what you want.  Perhaps I'm missing something here?  What is your end goal?  Sky, Evo, vette....

All this said, it doesn't make it any easier to not have a car.  1/2 ton trucks can be fun if you use them correctly.  I'd suggest a twin sized mattress, as it fits nicely in the bed of an Avalanche.  But that's just me.

If you move forward with the powder coating, the pink really does look good with the silver car, especially for drag tires.
Make the right choices now

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2012, 02:00:19 PM »
or tires in drag........................................just saying..................
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2012, 02:16:39 PM »
Miller,

Your issues with the time table seem legit, but you seemed confused as far as what you want your fun car to be.  I've driven both evos and sol/sky set ups of many different power ranges and they are completely different cars.  What are you looking for from your car?  The sky will never be an Evo, conversely, the evo will never be a sky.  It seems you are trying to keep up with the evo crowd in a sky, which just isn't realistic, for many reasons, support being one.  Impatience it natural, but to me,it seems like you need to figure out what you want.  Perhaps I'm missing something here?  What is your end goal?  Sky, Evo, vette....

All this said, it doesn't make it any easier to not have a car.  1/2 ton trucks can be fun if you use them correctly.  I'd suggest a twin sized mattress, as it fits nicely in the bed of an Avalanche.  But that's just me.

If you move forward with the powder coating, the pink really does look good with the silver car, especially for drag tires.

Honestly I want my sky built. That's what I truly want. The problem is it has been pulling teeth the entire way, and it would be so much easier and faster to get an evo and build it.

Each have their appeal to me, GJ. Sky has looks & is rare. Evo has drag racing performance/ boosted potential, vette has power capability and torque. Downfalls, sky is slow, evo is ugly and common, vette is big money and common.... so what do i really want? I want evo performance in a sky without the V8. I also want the sky to look mostly stock with the hood down.

The fact is any of those would make me happy. I want a car that makes me smile when i hit the skinny pedal. I love my Avalanche for completely different reasons, however it cannot replace my fun car desire.

Supras are just ignorantly expensive :lol: As cool as the 2jz motor is, I would rather have it in a car that wasn't butt ugly, however they are getting to be fairly rare......

Check out Miller's Youtube Channel HERE

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2012, 04:06:02 PM »
Miller,

Glad to see you are totally confused about what you want.

Convert the sky to AWD and punch up the motor and you'll have a really interesting ride!

What about dropping a HP diesel in to the sky?  400hp, 750 lbs tq....

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2012, 04:11:04 PM »
I think you should drop a 2JZ in the Sky
That satisfies a couple of your wants at the same time and we have already seen how cool that is.

Trollstice needs a brother!!!

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2012, 06:29:57 PM »
the idea of a 2jz is cool until you see all the challenges it brings. The fact is everything becomes 100% custom. which is a pain

Id rather just have a built 2.0L with a big huffer. Make about 600-700hp and call it a day.

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2012, 06:31:02 PM »
600-700hp out of LNF?
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2012, 07:32:31 PM »
oh yeah buddy! :)

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2012, 08:00:01 PM »
You might be the first to get there
:)

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2012, 08:05:18 PM »
I think is a lot harder and more costly to achieve 600-700hp on LNF because is uncharted territory
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2012, 08:07:04 PM »
I can chart a path there if you like kelu.... its an easy map to follow, just a bit costly!

The bigger issue is that the average owner wants nothing to do with that power level in this car. Its honestly probably way too much, but im willing to find out for myself :)

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2012, 08:09:13 PM »
oh also it has been charted for an LSJ.. havent heard the final numbers, but the decals tell the story:

http://jpmcgphotography.smugmug.com/Cars/Ariel-Atom-Photoshoot-5312/22789808_sj6qfk#!i=1828299758&k=gPLw4SJ

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2012, 08:10:53 PM »
Dude, stop comparing, LSJ is different engine, even is a "cousin" of LNF is still different, no DI, dunno about its VVT which is optimized for mid range on LNF, etc etc

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2012, 05:30:09 AM »
The LNF is very comparable to an LSJ, Kelu. Only difference would be fueling/fuel delivery, intake mani, and some oiling differences. Everything else is the same

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2012, 07:41:17 AM »
That's like saying apples and oranges are the same only different.  Yes they both are fruit.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2012, 09:26:39 AM »
Miller,
...(snip)

What about dropping a HP diesel in to the sky?  400hp, 750 lbs tq....

Glad you mentioned the diesel as well. One of my friends is getting his all pumped up.. and I must say it is quite impressive. Torque is insane and shifting at 4k is just odd to experience. I will have to get a video once it is all done and I go for a ride

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2012, 01:11:20 AM »
Glad you mentioned the diesel as well. One of my friends is getting his all pumped up.. and I must say it is quite impressive. Torque is insane and shifting at 4k is just odd to experience. I will have to get a video once it is all done and I go for a ride

In a kappa?  Really?  I'd love to see this.  I know a lot of folks think I'm crazy, but after driving a 335d a few years ago, I'm a believer that clean diesel can make for a fantastic car.  I was power sliding the sedan on the test drive (the sales guy showed me how in the first few minutes of the test drive when he was taking it off the lot).  I think you could roast the tires at one stop light.  If the 3 sedan wasn't so boring overall, I'd probably own one.  GM continues to threaten to build their small clean diesel, but they just won't pull the trigger.  A twin turbo small diesel in a Kappa...  sure would be fun. 

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2012, 05:27:45 AM »
nothing like a 4" stack hanging out of a kappa hood :lol:

Unfortunately his is a cummins 12 valve in a Ram. I would :lol: my face off it it was in a kappa.

Offline 40rtyp

• Master Tech
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2012, 11:22:56 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised as I had a buddy put a cummins in his Colorado pickup for drag racing. The motor went in smooth andhe still used stock trans and diff, just did the custom setup from the engine to the trans. Lost contact with him cause that was in Hawaii a few years ago.

Btw, plastic dip the wheels hot pink.
2007 Sky Redline: DDMWorks Charge Pipes & Intercooler, Solo Performance 3" Mach Shorty, ZZP S1 cams, Supertech Valve springs, Forge BPV, SPEC Stage 3+, Android "Torque" bluetooth RPD, HPT full e85 tuned by TERM2. 368whp 446wtrq stock turbo

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2012, 05:30:27 AM »
40rty, send me a pro pink kit and i will paint whatever you want pink

BTW you should fly out with GJ to the smmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm9

Offline 40rtyp

• Master Tech
« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2012, 09:42:51 AM »
Is your birthday around the corner?
2007 Sky Redline: DDMWorks Charge Pipes & Intercooler, Solo Performance 3" Mach Shorty, ZZP S1 cams, Supertech Valve springs, Forge BPV, SPEC Stage 3+, Android "Torque" bluetooth RPD, HPT full e85 tuned by TERM2. 368whp 446wtrq stock turbo

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2012, 09:52:00 AM »
if 5+ months is around the corner.. then sure

Offline 40rtyp

• Master Tech
« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2012, 10:29:05 AM »
What is SM9? I'd have to meet Gentlemen Jack first.