Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Throwing Codes or Check Engine Light Thread!  (Read 1345 times)

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
Throwing Codes or Check Engine Light Thread!
« on: August 02, 2012, 09:22:01 PM »
This thread is all about Codes!  Please post here if your Kappa has "thrown a code" and or "check engine light comes on"!   

Well, this happened to Carol and I today and we took "Miss Red Eagle" to Superior Chevrolet.  The Eagle was throwing a code and the check engine light came on.  The tech found code PO420 stored in the ECM, followed DTC Diagnostics from SI and found the Catalytic Converter had failed. 

The Catalytic Converter was replaced and the and the DTC was cleared.  The repair was covered under the 8/80 Emission Policy.  I was given no reason for the failure but passing this along to others who may own an early build 2007 Kappa.  Who knows what caused it to fail but I am glad that it was not more serious.

Anyway, Carol and I are conforming to a different "Miss Red Eagle"!  Boost with the old tune was 23psi and now with the factory tune the highest boost we can achieve is 17 psi.  But at least the Eagle is flying good and running good even without the extended boost. :brnout: :drag: :woohoo:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:33:02 PM by GXPinKC »
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust