Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Kappa Billet Cup Holders are back  (Read 19021 times)

Offline Carbon Sky

• Master Tech
Re: Kappa Billet Cup Holders are back
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2012, 04:01:15 PM »
My stocker works just fine as well. If you know the tricks to shutting it, it always closes without issue. If you shut it like a gorilla or do not know the tricks, yes it will break

I guess I have had some trouble closing it from time to time, but I definitely don't just smash it in like a monkey.  I find either another attempt, or lifting on the bottom part is all that is needed.  So basically push in, if it doesn't work, try again, if it still doesn't work, lift the bottom part a little, and done.  95% of the time, I don't even have to touch the bottom part.  And I've even removed and installed the silver trim piece it slots into twice now.

Like I said before, these billet ones do like "purdey" <in a southern drawl> though.

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2012, 05:13:06 PM »
I always found that if i put my thumb on the place to press it in and my index finger on the "ring" section of the cup holder hand "help it" fold in, i always had it go right in for me.
Check out Miller's Youtube Channel HERE

Online DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2012, 06:00:00 PM »
So it appears Carbon and Miller are ready for new ones since you're nursing broken ones. 

Offline Wartie

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2012, 07:40:24 PM »
So it appears Carbon and Miller are ready for new ones since you're nursing broken ones. 

:poke:   :lol: :lol:

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2012, 09:09:04 PM »
Joe I put a message on the Solstice forum about group buy . Hope it draws some sales
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2012, 09:55:27 PM »

Na... i dont think i will be using that cup holder in the near future anyway ;)
Check out Miller's Youtube Channel HERE

Offline gmtech16450yz

• Tech
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2012, 11:44:26 PM »
Just told Rich I'll take one so put me on the list.

Offline catandsplat

• Tech
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2012, 02:29:59 PM »
Hi Deep Blue,

A slight side issue, but where did you get that lil' saddle bag. I could do with one of those !!

Chris.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2012, 03:35:07 PM »
The pictures in the first post are not DBG's car.

I think the saddle bag was a GM item.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Online DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2012, 05:22:55 PM »
Hi Deep Blue,

A slight side issue, but where did you get that lil' saddle bag. I could do with one of those !!

Chris.

The original 3 photos are from Rich.  A later post you will see two photos of my interior (blue) car with the black cup holders install

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2012, 10:01:39 PM »
speedsports66  : i just sent you a PM with info . Add me to the list Please.
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2012, 10:13:45 PM »
Oh ,There was a fellow Kappa Owner at the Asheville Nationals in June that had a few Polished and a couple in Black. Selling them to raise $$ for his Church . DUH  should have got the one he had then .
Mods

Online DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2012, 08:53:04 PM »
Three ways to order
1. PM Rich You can click on this link
2. Call 530.295.3727
3. Email sales at santanainteriors dot com
Then don't forget to post here so the moderators can tally the members

Forum Guests (non registered members), you must mention KappaPerformance to get into the group buy, otherwise you WILL NOT get the discount.

Offline dragon sky

• Premium Member
  • Tech
  • formally RLDoug
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2012, 02:34:47 PM »
It's easy. Just use a butter knife. Open the old cup holder, place the knife between the silver upper frame of holder and console while wiggling the holder up and down. Once you feel the upper give way, then do the same for the lower frame. It's not rocket science, just a little wiggling.
If you have an 09 the removal is a little more complicated.  There is a bolt holding the cupholder by the shift lever.  I have a manual transmission and just lifted the leather covering around the shifter to access the bolt.  Unfortunately I tried the method above before locating the bolt and have scratched the silver cover.  Now I will need to see about getting a new one from the dealer.
2009 SE Ruby Red Redline
DDM mods
   Flat black charge tubes, cross brace, OCC, engine bay lights, coil cover, custom tune, innercooler, just to name a few
Windrestrictor
   V2 custom wind restrictor w/extreme light kit, door sils
LV cross brace
Magna Flow 3" catback exhaust
JPM
  Red stitched center console and knee pad
Custom hood graphics by GT graphics
VDI door kit
Custom wood grain dash

Offline msinawsk

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2012, 09:04:33 AM »
I'm interested, but only of it hits 10%.    Put me down for it.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2012, 07:33:04 PM »
Rich mailed it on Friday and got it today Very easy install.   (15 minutes ) Broke camara so no pictures yet.
Mods

Online DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2012, 09:37:56 PM »
Rich found out today thay the tax requirement is only on large internet companies so, no tax will be required.  He has refunded those who already paid.

Offline MARVIC 1

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2012, 11:37:21 PM »
That's odd, this guy charged me $165.00 + $10 shipping for the Polished version on eBay. I would of loved to have bought the black anodized instead but had no choice there...
How is KP going to get 30 customers for a 10% discount if he already depleted the clientele on eBay....

Online DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2012, 05:38:27 AM »
That's odd, this guy charged me $165.00 + $10 shipping for the Polished version on eBay. I would of loved to have bought the black anodized instead but had no choice there...
How is KP going to get 30 customers for a 10% discount if he already depleted the clientele on eBay....
Take up your price difference with Rich and see what he says.  How long ago did you buy yours?

Like a few on KP, not too many want to pay the ebay top-dollar for a product so that doesn't qualify as depleted.  The good thing here is that as soon as people buy via this group, they are at a 5% savings already.

Offline speedsports66

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • go for broke, or stay home
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2012, 09:59:44 AM »
Hi Marvic, we also sell on eBay. We have a Buy it Now price of 165.00 for the polished for customers that don't want to wait. eBay puts a 10% minimum on Buy it Now pricing. But, there is still the auction price beginning at 150.00. Also, we give the website and phone number for any questions. We do eBay for the customers (believe it or not) who don't realize there are forums for their make. And (again) don't google what they are looking for. We also don't offer the black on eBay. Hope that clears things up.
never run out of asphalt, brake, or real estate at the same time!!

Offline MARVIC 1

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2012, 01:16:37 PM »
Take up your price difference with Rich and see what he says.  How long ago did you buy yours?
I bought it on eBay about 1 month ago... I must say these cup holders are top quality and beautiful!!

Like a few on KP, not too many want to pay the ebay top-dollar for a product so that doesn't qualify as depleted.  The good thing here is that as soon as people buy via this group, they are at a 5% savings already.
When I ordered the cup holder from eBay NO "group buy" on this or any other forum was ether announce or in the works to my knowledge....

Offline MARVIC 1

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2012, 01:19:10 PM »
Hi Marvic, we also sell on eBay. We have a Buy it Now price of 165.00 for the polished for customers that don't want to wait. eBay puts a 10% minimum on Buy it Now pricing. But, there is still the auction price beginning at 150.00. Also, we give the website and phone number for any questions. We do eBay for the customers (believe it or not) who don't realize there are forums for their make. And (again) don't google what they are looking for. We also don't offer the black on eBay. Hope that clears things up.
Thanks Rich, its a very nice product, maybe I'll order the black anodized after all.... Again thank!

Offline speedsports66

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2012, 07:11:25 PM »
Thanks Marvic, and thank you to all for clueing me in on the '09 bolt. I have changed the instructions to include that detail. Rich

Online DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2012, 08:41:24 PM »
I finally got around to installing Dee's billet cup holder.  Took about 15 minutes and since it was a 2009 car, I thought I would share the differences in the cup holder stock designs.  See photos

Offline speedsports66

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2012, 12:38:10 PM »
Thanks DeepBlue!!! Great pictures!!!