Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Forum photo display & sizing  (Read 2376 times)

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Forum photo display & sizing
« on: November 13, 2012, 12:21:44 PM »
The forum now limits the display sizes of photos - even those linked from elsewhere on the web - to a relatively small size, often far smaller than the original.  For example the photo link I just posted on the grills thread (http://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php/topic,9286.msg154220.html#msg154220) vs. the actual sized of the photo linked (http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/5427/foamblock1.jpg)

Didn't used to be this way... can there at least be a mechanism (like on the BB) where you can see the full-size pic if you click on it, at least?

I understand that you might want to limit the attached photo sizes to limit storage space,  but still I think 1024x(whatever) is a reasonable limit.  But I don't know if the attachments are actually auto-resized, or if it's only on the display side.
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Forum photo display & sizing
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 01:48:41 PM »
Mark, a year or so my son Chris was making updates to the site and at the time there were a lot of large pictures that messed up the formatting of the pages they were displayed on. As the free forum software that Joe uses here doesn't have plugins available like vBulletin that is used on the big board, a decision was made at the time that fixed the issue.

The displaying picture is basically limited to the pixel width but it had nothing to do with the file size. The file size doesn't change when the picture is resized.

Could it be changed? Certainly it can but not at the expense of breaking things again. I'll mention it to Chris and see if there's something else we can do but in the meantime we'll see if there is a plugin available to automate it yet. Wonder if it's possible to limit the size of the picture to a percent of the screen width. That way those of us with wide screens don't have to look at little pics.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 02:00:35 PM by Sly Bob »
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 09:51:42 PM »
Check it out! Chris was over today pounding away at the code behind the forum and made a few changes. The pictures will no longer be limited to a fixed width, they will be 100% of the viewing window in the forum. If you have that monster wide screen monitor, you won't have to deal with tiny pictures. This assumes that the picture was uploaded to the forum in a large pixel width in the first place.

You will also see thumbnails attached at the bottom of a post differently. If you click on the thumbnail it expands, assuming the original picture is wide enough, across the entire window within KappaPerformance but now you'll see something you didn't see before. Click on "Full Size" at the top of the thumbnail and the picture opens in a new full screen window. Not big enough yet? Click on the picture again in the new window to see it actual size.

Thanks to Chris for taking the time to fix this for us. Inline thumbnails behave a little differently in that the "Full Size" isn't displayed. That's next, as soon as he can find the time to sit and figure it out. He thinks he's going to have to write some Javascript code to make that happen.

Thanks again son.

Here's a thumbnail to try it out.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 11:21:56 PM »
Way to go Chris! Thanks - that's much better. Seeing this on my tablet right now, but I'll check again on my PC tomorrow.

Thanks to you too, Bob!

Appreciate it, both of you.
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
Forum photo display & sizing
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 02:06:33 AM »
Canada to the rescue!
Make the right choices now

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 05:16:49 PM »
Love the full size option, thanks!!!!
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 04:50:09 AM »
That works Great thanks  " Chris " for your Computer Skills .
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 02:11:56 PM »
Even works great on my tablet in Iceland.

Yes Elff, I sent it from my tablet. Live with it.

GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 05:41:53 PM »
Noticed it today too, looks great, tell Chris, must appreciation....

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2