Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Someone with the Stage II kit please verify...  (Read 6679 times)

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
    • '06 Solstice bits and pieces photo gallery
Someone with the Stage II kit please verify...
« on: January 13, 2009, 02:39:07 PM »
that these are the right sensors?  The only thing that makes me wonder (and just barely so) are the letters "EGR" on the label.  Aside from that I'm certain I have the right ones.  I'm really just posting these pictures to show off  :cool: :devil:

Also, do the ones in the kit come with these o-rings on them, and an ADDITIONAL pair of o-rings?  If so, does the additional pair appear to be a different size, or do they go somewhere other than where they are on the sensors in the above pictures??

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Someone with the Stage II kit please verify...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 02:44:00 PM »
ChuckDoc, Whip and GXPsyRose:   Answer up?

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 03:34:42 PM »
That apprears to be the real deal. Here it is from the Italian distributor that can only sell within the EU. http://www.meat-doria.com/en/new_products/82211
Bob Buxbaum
snaponbob AT comcast DOT net
2007 Redline, Revalved Konis, Crazy alignment
FE3 front and Z0K rear bars, owner installed pwr lock buttons
catless downpipe, SP custom exhaustWester's tune
racing springs and adjustable perches
DDM ProBeam & Tower brace, CCW 18x11 wheels for racing

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 03:48:28 PM »
That apprears to be the real deal. Here it is from the Italian distributor that can only sell within the EU. http://www.meat-doria.com/en/new_products/82211

... and not retail.  I checked 'em out.

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 04:25:29 PM »
How did you get those?
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 04:36:18 PM »
I bought them at my auto parts store...

here in Germany. 
They're going to Lyndon.  Once I'm sure they're the real deal, I'll start putting together group buy threads...  Not sure if now is the time for a group buy, or if we should wait until after Lyndon plays with them for awhile.  One of those threads will probably be a poll.

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 04:59:37 PM »
Looks the same.  I am not home yet, but later I will see if I have the boxes and compare numbers.
My KappaPerformance Mod Page
Pontiac builds excitement but Joe kicks it up a notch!  Bam!

Offline Whip

• Global Moderator
  • Master Tech
  • Air Force Retired
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 05:34:07 PM »
Those are identical to the boxes my sensors were in and I have them in front of me right now.  The part number on your boxes and the UPC Code match mine.  So, YES, THEY ARE THE RIGHT SENSORS!!!!!!!!!!

GM put their own label on top of the Bosch label and it reads.....

TMAP Sensor
GM# 55206797

« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 05:36:55 PM by Whip »

2008 Brazen GXP, nicknamed FALCON because they fly at high speeds, change direction quickly, and dive at speeds that exceed 200 mph making them the fastest-moving creatures on earth.

MagnaFlow Cat Back Performance Exhaust
GMPP Stage II Tune
JPM custom console, seat belt loops, shifter & boot
Deepblue turn signal mod
Burl wood dash

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 05:41:34 PM »
Awesome!!!!

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 06:53:31 PM »
I found these things as Iveco 504245257 in Germany for about 146 Euros (~$195) each. It keeps looking like the GMPP kit is a bargain at this point as you get the sensors, connectors, instructions AND a tune for about $550-$600. And a warranty to boot. Maybe a source will open up for a better price stateside.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 06:55:35 PM by snaponbob »
Bob Buxbaum

lil goat

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 10:30:28 PM »
I agree with you Bob, you still have to get the connectors to I have found them on eBay for about $10 each plus shipping, So you are at roughly $350 for the sensors and connectors. I mean $200 is a lot of money, but if you ever sell the car, you can put the GMPP tune back with the warranty, and transfer the Wester's tune to your new car. I wonder if Lyndon as a business who regularly buys auto parts can buy the sensors direct, that's not retail he is a reseller. He just needs a source.

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 11:33:34 PM »
Hold on. The price I quoted was ~$200 for EACH sensor. That puts the sensors and connectors, plus shipping from somewhere in Europe up around $450-$500. The whole kit is $550, so the tune and instructions are only another FIFTY dollars. Now, if the sensors can be obtained for less money (a high probability) in the future, then one has to decide how they want to deal with it. Remember, if you buy the GMPP tune, and only use the PARTS and install someones tune, the GMPP tune is still out there to be installed. Personally, I am waiting for Lyndon to get the sensors from Europe and the GMPP tune I snagged for him and see what magic he can perform with a little time.

In the meanwhile, I have to get a spare laptop cleaned up for HP Tuner software.
Bob Buxbaum

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 01:24:47 AM »
First of all, I'll quote myself from another thread here... just to be sure everyone concerned understands my position.  I don't know that everyone has seen it, since it is buried in the Wester's supporting vendor sub forum.

OK folks, here's the straight dope:

The sensors are easy to get here in Germany.  I've found them at two different parts store chains, both had them for the exact same price.  I ordered a pair on Thursday for Lyndon, and I should have them early next week.  I've been working with lil goat and lyndon for a few weeks on this.  It has only taken so long because of the holidays. 

Originally, I told goat to keep this deal off the public boards (even though there are already two threads full of my posts detailing what I'm concerned about).  For one, I want to be sure everything works out and I'm getting the right parts before I offer to do a "group buy."  I'm not trying to hide this from GM, or anybody else for that matter.  I'm not afraid of GM, and I doubt that German parts stores are, either.  As far as I know, I'm not doing anything illegal or unethical.  GM has bigger problems than this, and wouldn't care one way or another if I'm getting these sensors for people.  If they do care, I welcome them to try and convince me that I shouldn't be doing what I'm about to do:

Since I seem to be in a unique position to get these sensors right now, I'll arrange a one-time "group buy" if anyone wants me to.  I'm not looking to make any profit on this - that's not my motive.  However, I'm also not willing to use my VAT discount priveledges illegally to save you guys the 19% sales tax (if I were buying them for my own personal use, I wouldn't have to pay German tax).  Sorry.  I will, however, ask if I can get a discount for ordering X# of sensors at once.

Now, here's reasons NOT to take me up on my offer... 

1)  I have little doubt that these sensors will be available from other sources in the US by the time I move back in May... probably at your dealership parts counter, and probably cheaper than I can get them here.

2)  If you buy the GM Stage II kit, and have the dealership flash your PCM with their tune, you aren't throwing your warranty away - until you do other mods to trash your warranty, that is... 

3)  These are JUST the sensors.  You'll still have to find a source for the new connectors, terminals, o-rings, etc.  Add all of that to the cost, and you're quickly approaching CED's $550 mark.

soapbox time
#2 is the biggest reason I don't plan to go this route myself.  I'll buy the Stage II kit and keep the warranty until I'm sure my car can handle the mods I want to do.  When I'm ready to start serious mods, I'll buy Lyndon's tune and pay for anything that breaks as a result of my modding.  I'm a firm believer in the Magnuson/Moss warranty act.  Therefore I won't try to hide my mods from my dealership by putting the car "back to stock" every time I go in for a recall or warranty work (the only two reasons I'll let a "certified mechanic" touch my car).  If they try to wholesale deny my warranty based on a mod that's unrelated to my claim, I have Magnuson/Moss to back me up. 

It drives me nuts when I see people mod their cars like crazy, break something as a direct result, then expect their warranty to cover the repairs.  It's the same as crashing your car at the drag strip, then filing a claim with your insurance company stating that you crashed it on a public road.

I guess what I'm saying here is that I assume anyone who wants me to get sensors for them and intends to get a Westers tune is mature enough to take full responsibility for their actions.  By no means am I implying that Lyndon's tunes will damage your car.  I have no doubt that his tunes are safe.  But you'll be adding even more HP and torque than the stage II kit, which is already a significant bump from stock.  If/when you cook your clutch, for example, expect some pushback from the warranty department on fixing it if you don't have a GM tune.  Flashing the GM tune back into your PCM before you take it to the dealer is NOT the answer!
/end soapbox time

Sorry for the misplaced rant :)

The cost is 111 Euro PER SENSOR. Which at todays exchange rate is somewhere near $300 for the pair. I asked yesterday when I picked these up, and I'll likely get a 10-15% discount if I order 20 or more sensors (10 takers) for a group buy.  Since I don't plan to profit on this deal, I can still legally ship these from my APO, which means USPS priority mail.  That'll put shipping somewhere around 10 bucks.  That means if I ordered 20 sensors today, and got a 15% discount, the delivered cost per buyer in a group buy would be $265 with shipping.  It might be wise to add shipping insurance, so make it $270.  Given the variable exchange rate, that could move a little.

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 09:56:37 AM »
And with the pricing established, that is - as they say - is that. Good news for all.
Bob Buxbaum

lil goat

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 08:14:07 PM »
Yes Bob I based my pricing on the price given to me by someone who actually had bought some, I had the pricing from 2qwk4u before I posted. Now he has done some wheeling and dealing, so much the better for everyone. I most likely will still buy the entire kit, I actually want a licensed copy of the GMPP tune.

Offline GXPsy Rose

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 03:10:27 PM »
ChuckDoc, Whip and GXPsyRose:   Answer up?

Well, I never saw the actual kit, I just rec'd an envelope for xmas with a letter stating I've got a kit and my appt for installation is 12/26/08....So as far I know it could be or couldn't be   :huh:
GXPsy Rose
2008 BRAZEN GXP w/GMPP tune
Ordered: June 1st 2007 & Delivered: July 20th, 2007

I LOVE MY CAR
NASSOA:  Founding Member #52

Go N.A.K.3.D..
"Life's too short not to drive a fun car"

Offline Imaj

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 04:56:44 PM »
Great find! So, why would we need just the sensors?

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 05:13:40 PM »
If you purchase the tune from Westers, then you would only need the sensors since he provides free lifetime updates.

Offline Imaj

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 06:04:07 PM »
Now I get it. Thanks DeepBlue. So, when Lyndon perfects the tune...I do not need to pony up for the GM stage 2 tune. I just need to sensors. Good to know.

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 09:26:43 AM »
If you purchase the tune from Westers, then you would only need the sensors since he provides free lifetime updates.

...and the connecting wiring harnesses correct? and O-rings?
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 11:46:47 AM »
of course, I was only commenting on the important stuff that westers needs to know.