Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Short-lived P0107 (BARO/MAP Circuit Low input)  (Read 3998 times)

Offline Chemist

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
Short-lived P0107 (BARO/MAP Circuit Low input)
« on: February 05, 2011, 03:16:04 PM »
Well folks, I've had intermittent appearances of a P0107 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Low Input code set on starting my engine (particularly first start of the day).

The CEL illuminates about 10 seconds after the engine starts then goes off on its own after about 15-20 seconds after appearing. It has been quite cold in Lubbock (lows in the low single digits). This issue did not appear yesterday afternoon about 2 pm after the car had been sitting outside for the day. It did both times I started the car this morning (8 am and 10:3o am). As I stated, the cel goes out and my DashHawk reports no current code, only an historic code, P0107.

I've checked the connections and all seems okay. The car is exhibiting no other issues, runs well and pulls hard.

Ideas?  :idk: My first thought was that the MAP sensor was simply on its way out, but the issue goes away when the car warms up.  :huh:

Thanks,

--Chemist
I'd rather be driving! :D

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
Re: Short-lived P0107 (BARO/MAP Circuit Low input)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 03:36:31 PM »
I have P106 from time to time (once at 3-6 months) when I push the car when is not fully warmed up. I suspect MAP sensor also but I didn't do anything about it than deleting the code.
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Chemist

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 03:38:21 PM »
I have P106 from time to time (once at 3-6 months) when I push the car when is not fully warmed up. I suspect MAP sensor also but I didn't do anything about it than deleting the code.
I understand and appreciate your comment. Since the problem (at the moment) is self-correcting, I'm tending to let it be. I just want to be prepared if it does not correct itself.

Thanks for the input!
I'd rather be driving! :D

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 03:47:40 PM »
Oh, I forgot to mention I boost spike like over 25psi easy (in summer even more) downlow so that might be an issue among with different ecm settings when is not fully warmed.
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline scanner

• Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 04:15:05 PM »
http://sm.gpona.com:9001/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=1578616&pubCellSyskey=143398&pubObjSyskey=1578616&from=sm&cellId=143398

Loosing MAP signal should be a concern, and not related to the cal. "The ECM detects that the MAP sensor voltage is less than 0.10 volt for more than 4 seconds." That's a real problem, MAP info is mission critical to the ECM. Get a scan tool, generic or better and watch MAP while wiggling wires.

Clear Skies!
Scanner

Offline smarty

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 03:55:04 PM »
Subject: SES Light due to DTCs P0031, P0037, P0101, P0106, P0131, P0137, and/or P0171

Models: 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP

2007 Saturn Sky Redline

Built Before VIN Breakpoint 7Y116311

With a 2.0L Engine (VIN X - RPO LNF)  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this page.

Condition/Concern:
On rare occasions, a SES light may be experienced due to any of the following DTCs: P0031, P0037, P0101, P0106, P0131, P0137, and P0171. This may be the result of unmetered air entering the engine through the PCV system

Recommendation/Instructions:
If this concern is encountered, inspect the PCV port that is on the air cleaner outlet duct, just after the MAF sensor. This is the port that the braided PCV hose attaches to. If the port is cracked or broken off, replace the air intake duct with part number 15863533 (or any part numbers that this may supersede to in the future).

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

2008 Gxp Aggressive Mods: GMPP CAI and Tune; DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, Led Hood and Trunk Lights and Lambo Doors; Molded flaps, Solo Street Race Exhaust, Norms F430, winged rear diffuser, Joe's side marker light mod with leds, Windblade, with the Bull Dawg!...