Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Any Dyno's Of Redlines or GXPs on Base Trifecta Tune with Solo HiFlow Downpipe?  (Read 5409 times)

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
I have a 2.4 that has been dyno'd stock, with exhaust change, with intake change, and then stage I, stage II, and stage III supercharged.  If you search you should be able to find them all on here.  At stage I I also changed out the header, hi-flow cat and Solo exhaust.  I never did re-dyno after I had the engine re-built with carillo rods, wisco ceramic coated pistons, and supertech valves and springs.  The dyno I had used burned down along with the shop it was in.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline MattM

• Master Tech
I assumed only my mother thought this  :tool:

HAHAHA!!!!!  You pulled me down the vortex!!!! LOL.....It happens. 

I find the conversations on topics like this to be super stimulating, and an excellent way for people to learn stuff.

I have a 2.4 that has been dyno'd stock, with exhaust change, with intake change, and then stage I, stage II, and stage III supercharged.  If you search you should be able to find them all on here.  At stage I I also changed out the header, hi-flow cat and Solo exhaust.  I never did re-dyno after I had the engine re-built with carillo rods, wisco ceramic coated pistons, and supertech valves and springs.  The dyno I had used burned down along with the shop it was in.

I bet that comparative information was very helpful for you going forward!

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Yeah..wh3n I owned m6 supercharged probe gt I'd get dyno and 1/4 mile times after mods to compare for people later.  It's also fun to see what your changes have done.  I attempted to dyno the sky after the new clutch but they cancelled my appointment before hand.  I was just surprised that no one had any definitive numbers (even solo who makes the downpipe).
I guess I underestimated just how small a group the Kappa would have bc of the low production..

That's a good idea, hadn't thought of that. Personally, I'm more concerned with reliability, so some things I've swapped without documenting how much the gains were. That's why my Camaro is still so lightly modified, I'm upgrading other components for reliability first. (Clutch is up next.)

And sorry for the earlier mess. I think that was a typical internet misunderstanding. By talking about not seeing flywheel power thewn jumping to talk of clutch slippage, it led to an implication that I don't think you intended and we all latched onto.
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.

Offline MattM

• Master Tech
That's a good idea, hadn't thought of that. Personally, I'm more concerned with reliability, so some things I've swapped without documenting how much the gains were. That's why my Camaro is still so lightly modified, I'm upgrading other components for reliability first. (Clutch is up next.)

And sorry for the earlier mess. I think that was a typical internet misunderstanding. By talking about not seeing flywheel power thewn jumping to talk of clutch slippage, it led to an implication that I don't think you intended and we all latched onto.

Don't be sorry it's my fault.  I had a brain fart.  Every time I talk about the clutch my left leg screams at me lol....I will say though....once you get the off on nature of the spec stage 3 lightweight flywheel combo it's still streetable.  Just a lot of work in stop and go.  I think it's more to do with the engine revving so much faster than anything in stop and go traffic that makes it suck...

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
I'm about to drop in a Mcleod RXT twin disc...honestly I'm hoping more a more on/off and heavy clutch than the stock Camaro garbage. The old '87 4.9 F-150 I learned to drive stick in had a wickedly heavy clutch, but it could be driven smoothly more easily than this modern "light" clutches.
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.

Offline MattM

• Master Tech
GOD!!!!!!! This weather is killing me!!!!!! UGH!!!!!  I haven't driven my car since early December!!!! I also have a friggen "to do" list when it heats up some!  I have to redo the new hardtop's window seals to make sure the damn thing doesn't leak, but I got all new 1inch by 1inch d-shape window weather stripping, and I think I know how to install it so it fits and seals correctly!!!!  I need two 70 degree days in a row just to do that!!!

Then I realize when I went out to start the car two weeks ago that the idiot garage I took the car to to have the SOLO DP installed did not install the long o2 bung after the cat like they were told.  Luckily they fessed up to that, and found the bung there, and will replace it when the weather is ok for me to drive the car. 

I also realized I haven't even gotten a chance to drive the damned Saturn since I got the downpipe installed!!! Killing me!!!

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
GOD!!!!!!! This weather is killing me!!!!!! UGH!!!!!  I haven't driven my car since early December!!!! I also have a friggen "to do" list when it heats up some!  I have to redo the new hardtop's window seals to make sure the damn thing doesn't leak, but I got all new 1inch by 1inch d-shape window weather stripping, and I think I know how to install it so it fits and seals correctly!!!!  I need two 70 degree days in a row just to do that!!!

Then I realize when I went out to start the car two weeks ago that the idiot garage I took the car to to have the SOLO DP installed did not install the long o2 bung after the cat like they were told.  Luckily they fessed up to that, and found the bung there, and will replace it when the weather is ok for me to drive the car. 

I also realized I haven't even gotten a chance to drive the damned Saturn since I got the downpipe installed!!! Killing me!!!

If only AOC promised heated 4 car garages for all
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.