Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Drag Racing Slips  (Read 65083 times)

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
Re: Drag Racing Slips
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2011, 07:43:01 PM »
Oh, I didn't know he has an automatic, I never saw a HPT log while drag racing a Kappa especially with auto, I just checked my logs and seems my shifts take 0.3s-0.5s but I don't loose so much boost with WOT Shift anymore (only 3-6psi lower while shift takes place).

I can't compare his reaction times with mine because I always raced with ProTree and I cared about RT when I'm in the finals - head to head racing.

Hell yeah, he is a great drag racer.  :yay: Thank you for bringing him here  :thumbs:, now make him to be more talky  :lol:, I'm sure we have tons to learn from him.

P.S. I agree I shouldn't compare with Balts.
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline speedracer69

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2011, 01:04:37 AM »
For those that think that I did a weight mods, yes, I did. I added weight my Sky weighs 3260. I weigh my car every day I race it, with a Digital scale at the track. My chrome rims 9.5x18 and 10x18 backbone and front brace.

Speedracer
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:05:13 AM by DeepBlueGXP, Reason: removed extra spaces »

Offline speedracer69

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2011, 01:13:31 AM »
If you did not see my last post I did some weight mods as in more weight.
chrome rims, 9.5x18 front 10x18 rear, backbone and front brace. Then there's me at 237lbs.

Speedracer

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2011, 03:04:25 AM »
Speedracer: which dimension for MT tires would you choose for a 8" rim: 245/40/18 or 265/40/18?
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline speedracer69

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2011, 10:45:45 AM »
Kelu

The 245/40/18 is 25.71 dim. the 8in rim width is good for this tire. But before you buy it you should let me know what rpm & gear your at, at the end of the track. Because the other tire 265/40/18 is closer to stock but will bow too much and you will not get any better traction.

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2011, 11:03:02 AM »
In this moment I finish my races with 102-108 mph, generally around 104mph in 4th gear. I need to check my logs or calculated the rpm for it.
But I have a turbo upgrade soon so everything will change.

I think I'd better finish my turbo upgrade and test in first race where I'm at and than to decide about to tires.

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2011, 11:13:28 AM »
Kelu, why don't you try Mickey Thompson radials??  :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:
DDM Works Backbone and probeam
H&R springs
SOLO HF Cat and Mach Shorty
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Front Big Brake upgrade kit with Ferodo pads
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2011, 12:29:43 PM »
just take a crap before the race, problem solved as for the added weight.  :lol:

:agree:  Kelu, just take note of the solid advice that DeepBlueGXP offers!  You keep getting back to the extra weight issue in your remarks and yes it makes sense to trim the fat when necessary just like when one goes on a diet!  Uh, trim the fat, you go faster!!!  That is what counts in racing and and other things as well!  DeepBlueGXP has it covered with his quote above!

Now, when you have done that you can proceed with better Drag Racing Slips! :drag:

Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2011, 05:03:37 PM »
Arabas: common, stop teasing, if the 2011 strip preparation will allow for gains from DRs I will go with them  :mad:

I know that the other side of the coin is weight but I can't loose weight from the car racing in street category. I did lighten the wheels, I can do racing seats lets say even I don't like to change our stock seat but everything else needs to stay as close to factory as possible.

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2011, 01:19:28 AM »
Finally got to the strip this weekend and took 4 passes. I realized a few things:

1) the stock clutch sucks for launching the car. If you drop any higher than 4 k rpms it slips like crazy
2) I need better tires. 400 treadwear are great for daily driver tires, but don't hook upip at all on the strip
3) I need better footwork lol. No red lights, but my launches just suck. Im not consistent at all
4)practice, practice,practice
5) make sure ESC is off as well as tc :lol:

Hopefully my next t&t will do better than this one. :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 01:22:53 AM by miller11386 »
Check out Miller's Youtube Channel HERE

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2011, 01:46:58 AM »
the sliiips

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2011, 01:53:58 AM »
Are going to wait for another day lol. My best that evening was a 14.15@ 100mph.

But to be honest I wasn't happy with any of my launches

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2011, 02:01:48 AM »
Ok, as you wish, but I won't be shy in your case, I did terrible ET on Englishtown with Kenny's car too.

What 60ft? What tires?

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2011, 05:23:25 PM »
Ok,
My setup is not hooking up for a few reasons. One - tires are garbage. They are dunlop fierce ZR's... 400 treadwear rating and are the stock 245 mm wide. Second, I cant load up the car without rolling through the pre-stage lights. I need a 2 step LC IMO if I am serious about racing it. Third, If i run the RPMs up high enough (to not bog), the clutch doesn't bite.. at all. Did one 4k rpm launch and the clutch slid like crazy I wont be doing another one that high until i get a different clutch installed.

Like I said im completely new to this, have the wrong tires, and need a different clutch. However I did manage to improve my times every pass, and I was happy with that.

FWIW my friend w. the evo said that this track is .1 sec slower than most tracks because it goes uphill toward the end.

As for my best slip, Here is the data:

Reaction: +.5788 (I was taking a nap :lol:)
60' : 2.4451
330' : 6.2985
1/8 ET: 9.3582 @ 81.48 MPH
1000' :11.9396 @95mph
1/4 ET: 14.1558 @100.99 MPH

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2011, 05:37:38 PM »
0.1 slower, depends for what ET he is referring, for a 20 car I'm sure it is more than a 7s car

I did like 14.8s with Kenny's when the clutch was slipping if this makes you comfortable about ET  :huh:

I can understand those 2.44s for 60ft because of tires but something is not good on that 101mph as exit speed, with such a poor 60ft you should exit with a lot of MPH.
Your clutch might slip even in high gears without feeling it slipping.

I would stay away from strip until the clutch will be replaced, than get back to play.

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2011, 05:47:21 PM »
I have felt driveline "vibrations" which could be slipping in the clutch.

Either way its really addicting to go to the strip. However its really discouraging watching my friend torch me every time :lol: I may try one more time just to see what happens. But it wont be for a while. I would like to wait until winter to get my clutch done.... maybe with a 2step LC as well.

Evo man will be upgrading his IC soon... which will give him WAY more power to go. He still runs street tires and is pulling in 12.5's @112 MPH.. with the new IC and race gas, he will be unstoppable!

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2011, 05:59:53 PM »
Talking about EVOs, my friend with street tires, pump gas, boltons and a tune, did 12.2s on our crappy strips ;)

Offline SKY888

• Gearhead
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2011, 06:00:42 PM »
the power and advantage of AWD ;)
COMPOUND TURBOS (GT2860r & GT4294r) goal 800hp

CAR SPECS and PHOTOS:
https://www.facebook.com/SKY888CompoundTurbo

SPONSORS:
aeroforce.com, nitrofreeze.com, forgestar.com, splitsec.com, turbosmartonline.com, k1technologies.com, supertechperformance.com, specclutch.com, rceng.com, statusracing.com, tceperformanceproducts.com, burnsstainless.com, performanceautowerks.com, ddmworks.com, turbowerx.com, BTF

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2018, 12:10:10 PM »
"Oh Forum gods, I summon thee post"

2006 2.4L LEA/LE5 with Precision 5557, Manual on 275 street tires:

Best 1/4 mile 13.026 @ 111.92:

Best 1/8 mile 8.555 @ 89.38 (I missed 4th gear at end doh):
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 07:44:59 PM by DeepBlueGXP, Reason: use image tags »
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2018, 08:21:13 PM »
Thread Resurrection!!!!

Offline MattM

• Master Tech
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2018, 12:02:35 PM »
Crap!  I need to remember to post my slips when I get home!

Offline MattM

• Master Tech
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2018, 11:31:15 PM »
Here was my best timeslip:

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2018, 09:06:19 AM »
Here was my best timeslip:

(Image removed from quote.)

It doesn't like the sky roadster image link, or at least my browser doesn't like it
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline MattM

• Master Tech
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2018, 12:10:14 PM »
Ok.  Let's try that again.  Here is my best timeslip so far.  I'm car number 100

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2018, 03:41:58 PM »
Nicer 60ft than I can pull off.  I am planning on going back Oct 24th if weather is good (50+F).  My schedule is extremely tight though, will do a few runs right when they open the gates and then skate in my skate.