Okay from that they're saying the boost solenoid connects between to the outlet side of the SC and bottom port of the BPV, so boost pressure would be higher than the inlet side of the SC (top port) overcoming BPV spring pressure to open the [normally closed] valve. In my case, I think this function goes out the window because the inlet side of the SC will be at some higher than ambient pressure from the turbocharger. Also note I am running an E67 LE5 engine controller, this does not have a BPV control even if I were to use the LSJ solenoid. What I assume you're thinking is use a boost switch on the SC outlet side to perform the same function, where the boost switch lets SC outlet pressure open the BPV when a pressure setpoint is reached.
I will draw out some concepts of this system when I get home later to visualize this better.
The other day when I came up with the first concept, I broke out my vacuum tester and set my air compressor to 15 psi and played with the BPV to try out different scenarios.
- Apply a vacuum to the top port and leave the bottom to atmosphere it will open the valve, this would be idle/cruise
- Apply pressure to the bottom port and leave the top port to atmosphere it will open the valve, this could happen if I put the top port to atmosphere like using the solenoid I proposed
- Apply pressure to the top port, it will keep the valve shut, this would theoretically be like punching the throttle from a no load condition, the SC should produce higher pressure than the bottom port keeping the valve shut
Based on the above assumptions, I formulated the twincharger BPV control system concept. Only one way to find out if it works, 1) Instrument the crap out of everything, 2) Run It! I'll take a look at the other idea too first hehe